News
May
18
[IP Voice Services] Service Alert 18th May 2014
Posted by Michael Cullen on 18 May 2014 10:35 AM
This is an incident notification regarding our IP Voice platform.

Date: Sunday, 18th May 2014]
Start time: 09:45 BST]

Services affected:

IP Voice

Report:

Comtec is aware of an issue that is affecting customers abilities to make and receive calls on the IP Voice platform.

The Issue has been raised with our supplier and they are investigating and working on a fix.

We are expecting a further update in the next 30 minutes

Comtec NOC is tracking this issue under ticket ZDD-482-35826.

Best regards,

Michael

For urgent operational issues please always contact noc at comtec.com or
0845 899 1423 and not any named individual.

EUX305354
Read more »

May
14
[ADSL/FTTC] Maintenance window 21st May 2014
Posted by David Croft on 14 May 2014 04:19 PM
Please be advised of the following maintenance window scheduled on our
ADSL/FTTC service.

Date: Wednesday, 21st May 2014
Start time: 23:00 BST (UTC+0100)
End time: 03:00 BST (UTC+0100) (Thursday)

Purpose:

Upgrades to our ADSL/FTTC platform.

Services affected:

ADSL/FTTC services.
(Cloud Ethernet business FTTC services will not be affected).

Impact:

Low.

ADSL and FTTC customers may lose connectivity briefly during this
window and should automatically reconnect within a few minutes to an
alternate site.

If you have problems following this maintenance, please turn your
ADSL/FTTC modem/router off and on again. If you continue to experience
any problems after following this procedure, please contact the NOC.

Comtec NOC is tracking this issue under ticket [#TOV-378-80293].

Regards,

David Croft
Read more »

May
9
[Core Network] Maintenance window 23rd May 2014
Posted by David Croft on 09 May 2014 12:41 PM
Please be advised of the following maintenance window scheduled by one
of our circuit providers:

Date: Friday, 23rd May 2014
Start time: 02:00 BST (UTC+0100)
End time: 06:00 BST (UTC+0100)

Purpose:

One of our circuit providers will be performing a capacity upgrade
affecting one of our resilient links between Comtec House (LSREI01)
and London.

Services affected:

Network services at Comtec House, Reigate (LSREI01).

Impact:

Low.

The affected circuit will be out of service for approximately 5
minutes during the given maintenance window. We have resilient
circuits out of Comtec House and are therefore expecting no
operational impact due to this work.

Comtec NOC is tracking this issue under ticket [#WHV-617-78243].

Regards,

David Croft
Read more »

May
6
[Core Network] Maintenance window 6th May 2014 - Update 1
Posted by David Croft on 06 May 2014 06:14 PM
This work has been completed and the circuit has been brought back
into service. Full resilience has been restored.

Regards,

David Croft

On 30 April 2014 14:12, David Croft <david.croft at comtec.com> wrote:
> Please be advised of the following maintenance window scheduled on one
> of our transit connections:
>
> Date: Tuesday, 6th May 2014
> Start time: 15:00 BST (UTC+0100)
> End time: 18:00 GMT (UTC+0100)
>
> Purpose:
>
> We will be re-routing one of our circuits with one of our transit
> providers in order to increase the level of physical resilience.
>
> Services affected:
>
> Internet access.
>
> Impact:
>
> Low.
>
> We will bring the affected circuit out of service before the
> maintenance begins, and traffic will be automatically shifted onto
> redundant connections. The level of resilience will be reduced
> slightly during the maintenance window, however we will still have
> diverse links to multiple transit providers.
>
> No outage is anticipated due to the resilient nature of our network
> and transit connections, however services are "at-risk" during this
> window. IP voice services will be unaffected.
>
> Comtec NOC is tracking this issue under ticket [#NNI-221-78467].
>
> Regards,
>
> David Croft
Read more »

Apr
30
[QUAR] [Core Network] Maintenance window 6th May 2014
Posted by David Croft on 30 April 2014 01:12 PM

Date: Tuesday, 6th May 2014
Start time: 15:00 BST (UTC+0100)
[...]

[Core Network] Service Alert 14th April 2014
Posted by David Croft on 14 April 2014 05:09 PM
This is an incident notification regarding a power event at site
LNPOP02 (Telecity HEX 6-7).

Date: Monday, 14th April 2014
Start time: 16:19 BST (UTC+0100)
End time: 16:22 BST (UTC+0100)

Services affected:

Power loss at LNPOP02 (Telecity HEX 6-7).

Report:

At 16:19 we lost power to our equipment at Telecity HEX 6-7. This was
restored immediately and all equipment had completed booting a few
minutes later by 16:22.

This would have affected customers single-homed out of this location.
Other sites were unaffected due to the resilient nature of our
network.

Although our equipment is protected by both UPS and generator backups,
upon investigation by the data centre it was determined that the cause
of this outage was human error by a Telecity engineer working on a
nearby cabinet not related to our own.

Comtec NOC is tracking this issue under ticket [#GML-273-50413].

Regards,

David Croft
Read more »